Monday 9 May 2011

Clothes Shopping for The Gambia!

I cannot believe how quickly time is flying at the moment. It really is quite terrifying! I'm three weeks away from finishing my degree, (potentially) a week and a half away from officially securing my first teaching post and I'm three weeks away from the big trip to The Gambia! For those of you who don't know, I've been fundraising since before Christmas to raise £1000 to go to Bijilo in The Gambia to help improve a school there by painting their resources onto their classroom walls and by teaching some phonics there. It's incredibly exciting and I just know it will be an unforgettable experience! I've almost had all of my essential vaccinations and now I need to get some suitable attire for the occasion: comfortable and cool. It will officially be the nearest to the equator I've ever been and I'm not reknown for my adaptation to extreme heat! Oh dear!



I need some good everyday knee-length shorts so I can keep cool and be comfortable when climbing up ladders and painting classrooms in the hottest part of the day and some plain tops and a cardigan for the colder evenings.

All I've got to do now is stock up on insect repellent, sun cream, dehydration tablets, stomach-upsets remedies and Malaria tablets! Still a lot to get yet! Can anyone recommend some good products for my trip as it's my first visit to Africa!?

1 comment:

daisychain said...

I have no recommendations but I am jealous!