Wednesday 6 April 2011

Kreativ Blogger Award and 10 Facts About Me!

Danielle over at 'A Blog From Blackpool' very kindly tagged me in her Kreativ Blogger Award post. She's got a lovely blog so you should definitely have a little look!


The Rules

Say 10 facts about yourself
Tag 10 fellow bloggers



So here goes! Some little known facts about me......

1. I'm only 4'9''... apparently it's the same height as Danny Devito! Now thats my one and only claim to fame. But I quite like being short, you can always ask tall people to help you. The only downside is that even petite trousers are too long!

2. I work in my local caves (yep you read that correctly!) during uni holidays. I have worked there for over 7 years and it regularly involves me dressing up as a pirate, singing sea shanties, doing arts and crafts and face-painting, dressing up as a WWII housewife, smuggler, and medieval wench! I love it, it'll probably be one of the most fun, and utterly random, jobs I will ever have!

3. I absolutely LOVE frozen yoghurt, it's something about the tartness and freshness of it that I love. Plus it goes beautifully with one of my favourite fruits, raspberries.

4. I love bad films... I'm talking really bad and ridiculous films. Prime example being "Shark in Venice"... it really is so bad it's good!

5. I'm literally weeks away from finishing my degree and getting my very first primary school teaching post... I've just got to survive interviews to get a job now!

6. I'm obsessed with dresses. I have had to have a whole separate wardrobe to accomodate them all! This is my latest purchase, I bought the same dress but in a cream floral print and loved it so much I got the other version too!

7. I love baking! I am by no means a domestic and culinary goddess but I enjoy it none the less... my speciality are caramelised onion and goats cheese tarts, peanut butter cookies, coconut cake, carrot cake and banoffee pie... yum! Oh and here's me making pancakes during a lecture at uni... it's not all hard work, essay writing and reading!

8. I Love going to theme parks! Me and my uni friends made it an unofficial rule that we visited Alton Towers at least once in each year. This photo was mine and my friend's effort to win a competition by posing with the student pocket guide... we didn't win... we should have! :D

9. I love pets, I have had hamsters, rabbits, goldfish and two little frogs named Elvis and Wanda.

10. I love the sea! Before moving to Leeds for university I lived in Hastings all my life beside the sea. It wasn't until I moved away that I realised how much I love the seaside... even if the sea is freezing all year round!

Ten lovely bloggers that I'm tagging:

1. Frills 'n' Spills
2. I Heart Cupcakes
3. Little Scribbler
4. A Daisy Chain Dream
5. Lovely Miss Megs
6. The Style PA
7. What Katie Found
8. Spain in a Cupcake
9. Little Miss Delicious
10. Lazy Giraffe

9 comments:

Sophia said...

Hey! I've awarded you the Stylish Blogger Award. You will have to think of 7 more facts! :P Haha.

Love,

Sophia
http://sophias-style.blogspot.com
xo

Abbie said...

wahay! Why thank you! I'll haveto get my thinkng cap on ;) xx

Unknown said...

I love little memes cos I learn so much more than I already knew :)

I keep lusting over that blue dress, I might have to buy it.

Thank you for tagging me!

Abbie said...

Deepa - you should definitely buy it, you won't be disappointed! :) It's m new favourite

Megan said...

Firstly, congrats on being so close to your teaching degree! That is super exciting and I'm so happy for you!

Secondly, wow, what a gorgeous dress that is.

Thirdly, thank you so much for the tag ♥

Unknown said...

Ooh, this is the first time I've been tagged in one of these things. I shall get my thinking cap on this weekend!

BTW - I too am an Alton Towers geek! LOVE it. Don't think I'm gonna make it this year but hoping that might change...

Alma said...

Ohh! So sweet! thank you for tagging me :) :) :) I love frozen yoghurt so much too!!!!!

xxx

daisychain said...

aw, 4'9 is dinky...do you have ickle feet too?
*random pondering*

Nicola said...

Amazing job! Teaching primary seems pretty random too, your pirating skills could definitely be shoehorned into a lesson.

Anything caramelised onion and goats cheese is my favourite, I would definitely order your speciality if I were eating out!