Monday 20 September 2010

Apothecary Cabinets and Vintage Furniture

I absolutely love apothecary cabinets. I think it's something about all those drawers, it's just so practical and functional. I could imagine storing all my art and crafts bits and bobs neatly away in a beautiful antique apothecary cabinet. Think about all the buttons, sequins, ribbon, beads and pretty things I could store away in those drawers!

I was coveting a gorgeous old apothecary cabinet in a local junk shop, much like the one pictured above from Linda Rosen Antiques But one day when I was merrily walking home from work... it had disappeared, much to my dismay. I'd like to think it has found a happy home somewhere storing away life's little essentials...

In my search for beatiful antique apothecary furniture I came across a lovely website, The Old Cinema, that sell antique, vintage and retro furniture, home accessories and jewellery. Although it is far from cheap and cheerful, they do have some really unique and unusual items that I would love to have in my home... like this 19th Century Collectors Chest.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohhh very cute,my grandma used to have one of these with loads of drawers in...it was massive. Anyway she used to hide sweets in it and when we were younger we would have 10 seconds to find as many sweets as we can lol.

TV Stands said...

When I was young we used to have a cabinet like that, it was fun hiding stuffs on it.

@Steph wow wish my mom or grandma had thought of that when we were younger it could have been a lot of fun.