Monday 22 March 2010

Mothers' Day in London

As an early Mothers' Day present me and my sisters arranged a lovely day out in London with our mum. I'm currently living in Leeds whereas the rest of my family live in the south. So we thought it would be a nice idea for me to secretly travel the 200miles and surprise my mum at the station. I hopped on the train down to my lovely older sister's (the lovely Style PA: check out her fabulous blog at http://www.thestylepa.com/) place before she had planned to meet up with my mum and younger sister. I ended up hiding behind a sign at the train station and jumping out to surprise her, the look on her face was brilliant.


We had such a lovely day, and as usual, most of the day seemed to revolve around lots of yummy food! We kicked it off with a posh afternoon tea at The Wallace Restaurant. My mum and older sister went for the afternoon tea menu, my younger sister went for a classic and scrummy caeser salad, and I had a delicious leek and potato soup accompanied by a summery pink lemonade. I recommend a visit; it’s one of the cheaper options for afternoon teas in London but the food was really lovely. It might have been nicer, however, if the staff hadn’t been quite so laid-back and perhaps smiled a little more, but you can’t have everything I suppose!



We then went for a spot of shopping followed by a wander round Fortnum and Masons and we each had yummy marshmallow, and eyed up the beautiful looking cakes.




On the second day me and the Style PA stumbled upon a little market tucked away by Brunswick Square near Kings Cross station. We had the best raspberry and chocolate brownies! I could happily have munched my way through some of the Oreo cupcakes, freshly made churros, and a selection from the stalls that offered food from around the world. The market is in the Brunswick Centre coutryard every Saturday and I recommend it if you in the area and fancy a tasty lunch on the go, they served a wide range of foods ranging from: Spainish, Hungarian, Thai, Chinese, and more!



No comments: