Monday 27 July 2009

The Good, the Bad and the Beautiful!

I bought two beautiful new glass cake stands in the sale, only £4 for each tier! So I thought it only right that I bake some new cupcakes to adorn my new cake stand! The first batch I made were Peanut Butter Cupcakes with peanut butter icing:


INGREDIENTS

55g butter
225g soft light brown sugar
115g crunchy peanut butter
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
225g plain white flour
2tsp baking powder
100ml milk

(frosting)

100g full-fat soft cream cheese
50g peanut butter
25g butter
225g icing sugar

I have also made some Chocolate Orange Cupcakes:

85g butter, softened
85g caster sugar
1 large egg, lightly beaten
85g self-raising white flour
50g chocolate chips
grated rind and juice of 1 small orange

(Topping)

1 orange
55g caster sugar
15g toasted flaked almonds


However.... something went profoundly wrong somewhere in the baking process... and they sunk... a lot! I think I was probably daydreaming whilst mixing the ingredients and didnt measure them out properly. The one good thing is that they tasted amazing, zesty and sweet, but they were very tricky to eat as they were about 0.5 millimetres thick. Hehe... I think I might have to try them out again tomorrow.

No comments: